Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lacrosse Moms



At one point during a game, as the coach I called one of my 7 year old lacrosse players aside and asked, Do you understand what cooperation is?
What a team is? The little boy nodded in the affirmative.

Do you understand that what matters is not whether we win or lose, but how we play together as a team?
The little boy nodded yes.

So, I continued, I am sure you know, when a penalty is called, you should not argue, curse, attack the referee, or call him a pecker-head.
Do you understand all that?
Again the little boy nodded.

And when I call you off the field so that another boy gets a chance to play, its not good sportsmanship to call your coach a "Dumb Asshole"?
Again the little boy nodded.

Good, Now go over there and explain all that to your mother....

No comments:

Post a Comment