Tuesday, June 22, 2010

On The Road

Wow! What a week so far. Troy took me golfing Saturday for fathers day. Thanks buddy it was fun and good to see you for a bit. I then turned
around and head for Medicine Hat to work on all the flooding.
The damage is incredible. Sink holes, washed out roads, sewer filled basements. Poor residents had no warning and were scrambling out at 9am to vehicles to get away from the rising waters. Each has a story to tell and they are really the same but different. Grab the kids dog and wife and start running or dragging them through waste deep water that arrived in minutes. Highways are washed out rural roads are mess. I am so glad I have a big four wheel drive. Actually having a blast mud bogging around. Between my truck and jeans I am not sure which is more dirty. Tons of work to do, lucky I am only around for a week as it's going to take months just to clean up. Made a man cry because we were covering his loss and putting up the family in a hotel as his kids had been through hell. On the other side made a woman cry as she is not covered.... Shitty part of the job but can't help everyone. Hmmm funny Scrubs is on and the theme song is I'm no super man.....
Back at it again tomorrow Wednesday, how busy are you when you tell people all day that you will see them Thursday meaning tomorrow! Opppps what's my name again??? Need some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment